- Lost and kept off 20 pounds.
- Discovered a form of exercise that I actively love.
- Blogged every single day, except for the days I was out of town. And the one day I forgot. So . . . except for that. Daily!
- Read close to 80 new books. (I only track new books, not rereads. Stay tuned for my Best Books of 2011 list!) (Well, I mean, don't hold your breath or anything, I've got a big night ahead. But I'll write it at some point. I'm sure you've got something good to read until then, right?)
- Broke my intense reliance on restaurants as a source of mid-week non-treat meals.
- Finished my first novel (woo-hoo!) and sent it to a dozen agents. And though these efforts have yet to pay off in any real way, I'm celebrating the journey. (And I also started my second novel, woo-hoo!)
- Wrote and delivered the keynote speech for my minister's 50th birthday party, and brought down the house.
- Wrote a short story and entered it in a contest. (It won't win, but again — journey.)
- Saw a bunch of excellent movies, including some classic oldies. (I keep a log of new books I read, and next year I'm going to log movies as well.)
- Attracted a new summer editing client and made enough money to send both kids to their dream camps.
- Mushroom Turnovers
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Parmesan Pups (glorified pigs in blankets)
- Shu Mei
- Bacon-Wrapped Beef Tenderloin
- Caramelized Onion-Feta Cheese Puffs
- Salami and Spanish Cheeses
- Green Olive Tapenade
- Rosemary-Raisin Crisps Spread with Goat Cheese
Husband is drinking Candy Cane Seltzer (which is revolting, but he is happy), Li'l Martini is enjoying orange soda, Mimosa is an ice water girl, and I am relishing my signature drink, glassful after glassful. We are very merry indeed!
And my wonderful husband is now going to play Speed Scrabble with me, because he is just so dear. More games and drink and good times ahead!
Happy new year, my adorable, smart, sexy friends. I hope to spend lots and lots of time with you in 2012!
Lady Chardonnay, of the New England Chardonnays
UPDATE, for my West Coast pallys:
2012 is great so far! Except, kinda cold. Dress appropriately.
You're gonna love it!