I'm exhausted, so I'll just hit the high points:
- Met with Neerja today and signed a stack of papers. We are approved for a $100K line of credit. This boggles my mind. At the moment, the only things that's sunk in is that I now get free checks.
- We had 17 adults and 12 children at the party. Friends from all my walks of life — school, church, Betsy-Tacy — mixed and mingled and talked up a storm. It always amazes me how well total strangers get along at this party!
- I thought I was so smart, starting at 5 (it's already dark then) because it's a school night, so people could get home early enough to get their kids to bed at a reasonable time. What I didn't consider: Most people weren't home from work yet. We caroled to a lot of dark houses. But it was still a lot of fun.
- I've made friends with some seriously good singers. We sounded FANTASTIC. (Good Neighbor Anne asked if I'd been auditioning people.)
- I did not exercise today but I was on my feet from noon till 4 — do you think that counts? Of course, I also had 93 little plastic cups of sangria. (Which is practically a fruit.)
p.s. Spock's head remains among the missing . . .