- I sat in front of my computer screen for eight and a half hours today, finishing Unit 5: Crime and Punishment. Tomorrow I have another big job, which looks dull as crap — like reading my car manual over and over. And I'll have to work on it over the weekend — it's unavoidable.
- Mimosa was so excited to be selected to audition for some huge district-level singing thing — and then, at today's rehearsal, she suddenly couldn't hit the right notes. The auditions are Saturday. The teacher says if she can't sing it correctly tomorrow, she can't go. Sweet girl's been practicing all afternoon and it still isn't working for her. My heart aches, and there's nothing I can do.
- I've been trying to eat a lot of fresh produce, ideally some at every meal, and my body is rebelling. I am one giant bag of gas right now. It's disgusting.
- Sunday is another long day at church — I won't get home till after 2. I love my church, but I don't want to give it my entire day. (Sorry, God!)
- Once again, I'm crazybusy working and not exercising.
- Every one of my volunteer commitments (Religious Education Committee, Auction Committee, PTO, Betsy-Tacy Convention, Cheerleader proofing) needs me needs me to focus and finish something for them. Every once in a while, everything hits at once.
- It's hard for me to believe that I'll ever have the time or the inclination to write another word of fiction. I'm having such a crisis of confidence. It all seems pretty pointless.
- After umpteen straight losses, Li'l Martini's basketball team finally won a game!
- I mailed my registration form for sexy-dancey zumba — though it's not till March, still, in just a matter of weeks I'll be back to two zumba classes. Which I need.
- I got a package in the mail from **Ruth Doan MacDougall**, my favorite living author! Inside was a giant bag of Peanut M&M'S, my most favoritest candy, and the sweetest note: "To Lady C — the best copy editor in the whole wide world! Love, Don and Ruth." Such a lovely boost on this otherwise fairly boost-free day.
—Lady C, who would prefer to be living Moonstruck or Thank God It's Friday, thank you very much