It was a hilarious meeting (I generally run a hilarious meeting); at one point, Ben, our teacher rep, made a reference to "old-school text entering," and I said, ". . . wait. Did you seriously just say old-school text entering??? DUDE. In my day, we used CHALK." We were howling.
Our auction netted more than $35K, breaking all kinds of records, and tonight we voted to spend a ton of it on some really cool stuff. (Which also means more work for me, as we now have to write letters to every teacher telling them how much we're granting them. But that is next week's problem, I have enough on my plate for this week.)
I'm on one-day-at-a-time mode. On tomorrow's docket:
- Finish editing the UU job. (Fun, easy.)
- Edit a dry STEM job. (Easy, less fun, good money.)
- Possibly edit a very short job for a wacky overseas client. (?? An unknown.)
- Get started on the game for Mrs. Cynicletary's birthday party on Saturday. (Nothin' but fun!)
- Get started on my daughter's "tangible gift" for her Coming of Age ceremony. (Ditto!)
And zumba at 7! Full, fun day.
But I'm exhausted and must get to bed pretty soon. I've been headachy all day and need a good night's sleep.
Weight loss, shmeight loss. I'm busy.