I haven't weighed under 250 in six years. The mind reels. Ah, 43 and three-quarters — what a dewy youngster I was then. If only I knew what life had in store. (Actually, six years ago I think Husband and I were separated, and it was our darkest time. But life is all blissy and kissy now, isn't it, darling?)☺
I have zumba in an hour. Seven-thirty p.m. is the craziest time for an exercise class — I have to eat dinner way early, so I don't barf during class, and then I just sit around for two hours and . . . digest.
Little I did today would make an interesting report:
- Got my teeth cleaned
- Rewrote a paragraph of Chapter 1, worked on my query letter, checked out a few agents who rep middle grade
- Ordered Husband's birthday presents (his birthday is August 19, same as — say it with me, Cindy Glamour — Bill Clinton and Tipper Gore! hee)
- Took Li'l Martini to the library to get math-tutored
- Walked Mimosa to her babysitting job (of course she can walk herself, but she likes the company)
- Continued my fruitile* attempts to convince someone to take on my Clerk job (though I did succeed in getting the Powers That Be to excise a few duties from the job description, which may help)
Speaking of spicy, we had Mexican food at 4 p.m., and I guess my big news there is that I stopped eating when I was full and the plate still had at least a third of a meal on it. Yay! Success!
(Our cutie-pie waiter said, "I haven't seen you guys in a while!" I said, "I'm dieting, honey, margaritas are not my friend," and he shook his head sadly and said, "Nothing here is your friend." Yeah, not too many low-cal options in the joint, I fear. I once ordered a plain fish dish, and Señor Cutie-Pie looked worried and asked, "Have you had this before?" I said no, and he said, "Just a warning — it comes with its head and eyes and mouth and everything." OK, ew. I'll have a full-fat taco, extra lard please. Thank you!)
I did finish GONE GIRL (loved!) and then finished I COULDN'T LOVE YOU MORE (compelling and excruciating, in equal part) and now have ANNIE'S GHOSTS and JENERATION X and Jodi Picoult's newest on my stack. And I rented THE WAY WE WERE. Happy times ahead in the life of:
* My coined word: half futile and half fruitless. It's useful!