Thursday, October 4, 2012

Y2 Day 36: The Readers Respond

Hee! Turns out, a good way to find out who's reading your blog is to make vague, wine-fueled insinuations about bad-girl behavior at a ladylike book convention . . . ! It was lots of fun to hear from so many of you today — and, gee, quite a surprise, I must say. Welcome! Welcome, everyone, to the Big Tent of my little blog!

So, about the Convention, let me just say this: For whatever reason, there are some Maud-L folks who don't love me. (Imagine!!) My best guess is that my sunny confidence comes across to them as arrogance and entitlement, and their response is to try to put me squarely in my place. I can stand up for myself, of course, but . . . a girl grows weary after a while.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

(Probably. Unless I drink another bottle of chardonnay. Then, Katy bar the door!)

All of a sudden I have a TON of editing work, plus Math Practice Guide training today and tomorrow (and I start for reals next week), and I also feel like I'm catching a cold — you know that swollen sore gland-y feeling? (Husband says I have post-debatum depression.) I made myself go to zumba tonight, even though I desperately wanted to climb into bed with some hot soup and M*A*S*H episodes, and I'm glad I did; a good sweaty workout helped, and I feel better. But now, soup and bath and bed sound pretty darn good.

The book I'm reading, The Journal of Best Practices, about an adult male newly diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, is good but not great; I wish I had a good juicy read right now. I was on a brief Agatha Christie kick, but I think I'm done with that. Maybe I'll browse my own "To Read" shelves and see if something grabs me.

Today I was moaning to Cindy Glamour about the slow slow pace of my weight loss; usually I'm more chill about it, but this has been one damn long plateau. What if this is it? What if I can't lose any more weight? (Even though things have been going very well this week and I'm in a good groove. Still. Depressed.)

Time to find a good book and have a good soak! Tomorrow will be better.

xxoo
Lady Chardonnay

No comments:

Post a Comment