Sunday, December 2, 2012

Y2 Day 95: Mon Beau Sapin

The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men once again ganged aft agley all over the place.

In other words: didn't exercise.

It was a jam-packed day: breakfast! boyfriends! church! Chinese food! laundry! Math Practice notes! Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle! And an entire chapter devoted to l'arbre de Noel: Christmas tree purchase! Christmas tree transport! Christmas tree stand-assembly! Christmas tree setup! Christmas tree needle vacuuming!

Also: Our adorable children surprised me and Husband with an impromptu "talent" show, featuring the many splendid gifts of creatures and knicknacks we have around the house. (The emcee was an inflatable alien who Li'l Martini christened "Cain.") Acts included "The Dancing Chopsticks," "Epic Rap Battle Between Dragon and 'Gator," and "The Fortune-Telling Pigs." It was awesome.

But by 4 p.m., I was ready to hunker down in my flannel lounger and fuzzy socks, sip hot coffee, finish the crossword, and call Mom. Which was a lovely end to a lovely weekend.

Our tightly furled tree has been relaxing into the warmth of our home all afternoon, and the living room smells of evergreen and holiday. I love having a real tree.

And tomorrow night we'll decorate it! SO much fun.

And tomorrow, during the day, I will exercise. I can, I must, I will!!! (TM Bill Roupp)

 —Lady C, fierce in flannel

 p.s. My weight was exactly where it should be this morning, despite yesterday's excess. Go figure!

4 comments:

  1. Your kids sound adorable. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, doll. They are adorable as all giddy-up, mostly because I have raised them perfectly and never made a single mistake with them ever!

      That's how I remember it, anyway.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out to Dad. :-) Except it's Roop. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I finally learned his incredibly hard and complicated first name...

      hee!

      Your dad is loved and remembered by so many. Every day!

      xx

      Delete