Saturday, April 13, 2013

As I Was Saying . . .

My workload has continued unabated and I'm still galloping along at a crazy pace, living hour-by-hour rather than one-day-at-a-time, but I finished some of the biggest jobs so am starting to see a hairline of blue sky through the thick clouds of responsibility, and that is something. But I'm also getting notes from people who are concerned about my long absence from the blogosphere, so I decided to quickly update y'all before diving in to this nice pile of data entry, my pre-zumba task for the morning. (Then I'll come home and do my chores and write up my notes for Clive Cussler, whose book I finished proofreading at 9:40 p.m. last night. Biggest catch: "pubic" instead of "public," an error that made it into print – oh, the ignominy! I am a rock star.)

So, as noted, I'm still working hard. This week's tasks:
  • Entering assessment data for the Math Practice boss
  • Turning the dry drug-prevention report into a jazzy Web piece (I met with the clients last week; they're great; I can totally do this)
  • Writing an overview of our Math Practice goals to give to teachers
  • Finally checking in with dear Bev on a writing project she has in mind
Plus my usual: proofread Snowy pages, call church people re: leadership positions, sell the books cluttering my dining room, plan next Sunday's OWL lesson. And also: The woman I hired to replace me at EDC has pneumonia, and my former boss has called me every day begging me to help her, which I've had to say no to so far, but this week I may be able to say yes and that will be nice; I love my former boss, and it's good money.

One thing I'm proud about is that a guy I've done a little work for e-mailed me and asked me to edit an article. I told him that I was now booking into mid-April and I understood if he didn't want to wait that long. (This was huge for me; I almost never say no to clients, and I really wanted this job.) He wrote back, "Sounds fine. Mid-April isn't that far, and I know we like your work." !!!!!! Score!

I also got a note from a former client who's moved to California, who wants to book me for a huge job in May. So, it sounds like I will have a nice steady stream of employment for the near future, which is awesomely cool. Is this the sign from God I was looking for?!

Sadly, this week my kids are on school break again, but I won't be able to spend much time with them. This week the village can raise them.

I'm also coming to terms with the fact that I have little to no interest in returning to my novel. I have this feeling of "tried that, not for me." This is just a glimmer of a feeling at present, and obviously I need to give it more thought. Stay tuned . . .

In happier news, my darling friend Bride Boy is coming to visit me in a couple of weeks! I haven't seen him since Mimosa was a toddler in a stroller, and I am crazy excited.

Will the books be out of my dining room by then? Place your bets now!

Diving back into it —

Lady C

p.s. Weight loss? I'm sorry, what?

2 comments:

  1. congrats on all of your productivity! That's fantastic! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sweetie - I think I'm finally seeing the light!

      Delete