Yes, I'm kidding — I knew I was eating like a gestating sow, but oh man did we have good food. And the usual counterbalance of exercise was somewhat absent, since it was so freaking hot. We played a lot of pool volleyball, though.
It was an awesome vacation, full of laughter and fun and great memories. Some highlights:
- I finally tasted a pineapple tamale, something my mom and her besty, Tia Gabi, have raved about for years. My verdict: a little weird. But I'm glad I tried it.
- The kids and I taught Mom how to play Marry, Shag, or Kill?, which was a riot. (She kept messing up the word "shag" and saying "shack" — "I'm going to shack James Bond!" — which amused us highly.)
- Mom, Mimosa, and I saw The Marvelous Wonderettes, a fabby musical comedy about a girl group in the '50s. Great fun! (And air-condiitoned!)
- Mom, Li'l Martini, and I saw White House Down, a *craptastic* flick about terrorists in the White House during the Jamie Foxx presidency. Great fun! (And air-conditioned!)
- I got dissed by a palomino.
- I fixed salmon and coleslaw and apple salad and strawberry shortcake and perfect chicken and nachos and tossed salad with a billion vegetables and who knows what else, and we ate well.
More to say, but it's 90+ degrees here and I'm wilting.
We didn't get to bed till 2:30 this morning, and slept till 10:30. I'm wondering what the odds are that I can get up at 6:30 tomorrow and walk the bike path before it gets too hot. Time to get back on my quest for the dress! Ten pounds, holy cow.
But it was worth it.