Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 62: The Sun Went Down and So Did My Weight

Not any farther than my set point, you understand, which apparently I will weigh for the rest of my life no matter what I do. Still. Any downward trend is a good one.

I felt ridiculously full after dinner (ridiculous, because all I had was one-fourth of a seven-egg omelet with bacon and vegetables, a big handful of veggies and homemade cilantro dip, three very small rolls [the size of a plum], and a helping of fresh fruit — a good-size meal but not excessive in any way, and yet I felt like I was digesting a steer), so then I remembered my pre-heat wave goal of taking an after-dinner 15-minute walk every night (which I've done exactly never since making that vow — see "heat wave," also night-time zumba).

I also saw that Good Neighbor Anne's car was in her driveway, so I went over to coax her into walking with me. Alas, she was on hold with Social Security, but we had a good chat in the 40 or so minutes it took them to answer the phone. Crazytown!

And I walked, and the sun set, and the air was cool and clean and so lovely. I can't believe that I don't exercise all the time in the fall when the weather is perfect. What on earth stops me?

I have to say: I am really not enjoying this summer. (You, the faithful readers of my blog, are now saying, Blow me down.) August is finally here and that is something, but I will be very glad to kiss this season goodbye.

But! The weekend is nigh, I have all sorts of fun things planned, and I just rented three oddball movies that I'm excited about: Wendy and Lucy, Blue Car, and Next Stop Wonderland. (They were in an article titled "Great Movies You've Never Heard Of," and I can certainly vouch for the second half of that title. I'll let you know about the rest.)

Off to finish turning two dowdy dumpy T-shirts into cool tank tops, and maybe I'll watch Wonderland while I sew. I feel great after my walk, dinner is all nice and settled, and so far I'm successfully resisting the bottle of Kendall Jackson Mother's Milk Chardonnay that Brunie brought me, as well as the pint of Chunky Monkey, Ben & Jerry's most perfect concoction, in the freezer. I will just drink coffee and call it a night.

G'night!

—Lady C, ready to sew and to avoid the freezer

9 comments:

  1. Ooh! I haven't seen the others, but I hope you liked Wonderland if you watched it. I only saw it myself for the first time a couple of years ago, even though it's so old! I thought it was just charming. Your dinner sounds sooo delicious! -- SDF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, didn't you want to rip the cigarette out of her hand??? I was ready to swat Hope Davis a few times, but I love Holland Taylor in anything, I adored the Boston setting, and the plumber (sadly, I think of him as a plumber) was very dear. And the 64 phone calls in response to her ad...priceless! So, yes, I give it a thumbs up, though it's an odd little diamond in the rough, for sure. We can discuss it in more detail on Sunday! See you so soon!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I've never seen those movies either! I understand how you feel about this summer, dear lady. I'm anxious for fall. I have it in my head that it will bring new peace. Many, many a wonderful thing has happened this summer, but they've all run together with travel, stress, family obligations, and more travel. I haven't yet had time to sit back and digest all of those wonderful things over a glass of wine and a moment without an agenda point. Le sigh.

    I'll frolic with you into the Fall, dearest Lady C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of new peace in the fall!! Frolic we shall, my friend. And I hope you get the glass of wine and quiet corner of contemplation very soon.

    (I think you should name your stuffed uterus Wombhilda.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am imagining you swatting another woman down - not sure if it is because of a long week of work (after returning from a week of play) or this double "homemade margarita" or visits to my Feb 2014 tropical villa website pictures that have got me going, but I am contemplating "if you were an animal you would be..." category game in my head. Time for SOMEONE to put me to bed! Still, good to catch up. Thanks Lady C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hope Davis in general, but yeah, her character in this movie needed some swatting. But she got to a good place in the end.

      If I were an animal, I'd be something busy and industrious, so I guess a beaver? Do I have to lick my own butt? That's the sticking point for me. Otherwise, I'd pick "a cat who lives with the Chardonnays," because sister, they've got it good.

      Miss you, sweety! Wish I were sharing one of those homemade margaritas with you. I did have a dash of the Cointreau you gave me in my sangria last night, plus thought of you as I squoze my lime. I LOVE my lime squeezer thingy!!!! And you too!!

      Delete
  5. ... and am being paranoid if I suspect the "you are a human" test to publish is just a sobriety test in disguise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, honey, you don't need a sobriety test. I'll just tell you: You're quite drunky! I know how much hooch goes into one of your homemade margaritas...

      xxx

      Delete
  6. So true... miss you too!

    ReplyDelete