Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 123: Too Clogged to Blog


O I am so sick.

The cold that's been parallel-playing with me for a month finally rang the doorbell and invited itself in. It's also my special ladytime and I have a pounding headache — an exciting combo of hormonal migraine and sinus pain/pressure. Strange bedfellows, together again at last!

Ouch ouch ouch.

My anniversary celebration was stupendous, plus I had a weekend chock-full of joy and fun, but those stories will have to wait for another day.

As you know I embrace glamour at every opportunity, but when I'm sick . . . it is hard to imagine how I could be less glamorous. I'm wearing an ancient oversize Marquette sleep shirt from my brother's college days (said brother is now 49), grimy knitted footie socks, and my raggedy flannel robe (which I keep taking off because I'm hot with fever, then putting back on because I'm freezing, and this seems to be my exercise for the day), my face is unadorned and highlighted by my ruby-red nose, and my hair is badly in want of cutting.

All I want to do is curl up with hot drinks and The Plague and I, my favorite sickbed reading, but I must do a quick editing job for a good client. And at some point today I have to pick up our CSA share, call the electrician, and pay our long-overdue property tax bill . . . but I won't think about that now. I'll think about that this afternoon.

Honk sneeze blow,
Lady C

6 comments:

  1. Dear Clogged,
    Feel better soon!
    XO,
    Mrs. Cynicletary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel MUCH better today! Thank you for your well wishes. xx

      Delete
  2. Dear Miss Scarlett (As I think that was a GWTW reference, plus it's more glamorous than "clogged"),
    Tell me about this book you are reading. I do hope you feel better soon. Sending you warm thoughts from the south.
    Best wishes,
    Katie

    P.S. Down here, we drink (chug) hot toddies when we are clogged and feeling poorly. Chugging toddies it, by far, the most elegant and ladylike way to handle such a state of being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yes, hot toddies! And good for you for catching the GWTW reference. "The Plague and I" by Betty McDonald (you may know her as the author of the Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books) is an account of the year she spent in a sanitarium with tuberculosis in the 1930s, and it is HILARIOUS. Thank you for the warm thoughts -- they clearly helped!

      Delete
  3. Good Neighbor AnneOctober 2, 2013 at 6:08 AM

    Dear Lady,
    Hope you feel better soon! I hope you are well enough to sit in the sun in your backyard and take in some of the 80 degree weather! That should help!
    xo
    GNA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for so much checking in/up on me! I feel very loved and cared for. And I'm definitely looking forward to some backyard time in the sun!

      Delete