Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I Sit. I Stare. Sometimes I Throw Up.

This week is that "magical" time when school is out and the kids' summer activities haven't started. Husband is away till Friday, and I had big plans for a lazy, hazy, crazy vacation week of bowling, beaching, ice cream stands, roasted marshmallows, and lots of air-conditioned matinees.

This was a tiny bit complicated by the fact that Mimosa had her wisdom teeth out on Monday, and we didn't know how her recovery would go. Nonetheless, I was looking forward to cuddling up with my sore, swollen girl, feeding her ice cream and fro-yo, and watching lots of girly movies.**

And Monday played out pretty much like that; we watched Whip It and The Heat and had ice cream and pudding and JELL-O and strawberry applesauce and soft cheesy scrambled eggs, and I applied ice to her poor swoled-up face and emptied my mending basket, and it was a nice day.

Then on Tuesday I had a migraine. I dealt with it as best I could, taking my meds, drinking Diet Pepsi, holding cold cloths to my head, and I managed to get Li'l Martini to Goodwill to buy boots for his LARP costume (score! we found the perfect pair for $8!!), and I took the cat to the vet to test her thyroid levels after a month of meds (good news again! her numbers are down, so we can give her less medicine, which is great), and I made a pot of onion soup for poor daughter who still can't chew. By the end of the day, I felt like myself again, though pretty wiped.

Today I had another migraine, more vicious than the first; it's 2:52 p.m., I'm still in my nightie, I have done nothing today except rot. Poor daughter, I gave her her meds this morning and have barely seen her since — I certainly didn't cook a soft meal for her. Fortunately she's 17 and can feed herself.

Still. What a waste of vacation week! 

I also ran out of meds and must get more immediately, it is too scary not to have anything on hand, so today's big outing will be to CVS and then maybe Town Diner for an early pancake dinner. Ring-a-ding-ding.

The to-do pile by my computer is almost a foot tall. If I weren't already in a state of medically induced weariness, just looking at it would exhaust me.

Sorry, I know this is a dull post, but writing something for my blog feels like an accomplishment! Perhaps this will now motivate me toward some big action, like, I dunno, taking a shower.

Stay tuned!

— Lady C

p.s. Throwing up and eating nothing but Diet Pepsi and Saltines made my scale happy, but this does not feel like a good life path.


** Not "girlie movies," i.e., those featuring scantily clad women! I mean, like, 13 Going on 30 and Mean Girls and Sixteen Candles and Pitch Perfect. Like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment