But I am happy and smug this morning — yes, even from my vantage point of heavier-than-I've-ever-been. I weighed myself and almost fell over (a repeat of last Sunday morning), but this time it was a happy light-headedness rather than horror.
First weight: 290! A loss of 10 pounds in a week!
Yet this seemed a little too Xanadu-ish, so I moved the scale and weighed myself three more times: 293.5, 292, and 291.
I'll err on the side of caution and take the highest weight, but still. I knew last week's high weight was fake weight and would come right off! But it was still a good wake-up call.
I'm also excited because I finished yesterday's editing job and may have no work for today, and I finally get to tackle my enormous To-Do pile! Oh, it is sad what I can get excited about, but there you have it. On today's I-hope-to-accomplish list:
- Laundry (still haven't washed all my travel clothes)
- Pack up a box of presents for my beloved nephew (the result of deep-cleaning Li'l Martini's room a few weeks ago; I saw said nephew in California and said, "Honey, do you need Wolverine hands and a lightsaber?" and he said, "YES." So cute!! But this is also why I have to do laundry; I'm sending him a sleep shirt featuring the kid from A Christmas Story, and it badly needs a wash)
- Finish and send letters regarding Mimosa's disability plan for next year; we are having trouble finding a clinician to provide the documentation requested by Student Disability Services, so I'm sending a note to every single person who's treated her in the past two years, hoping at least one will help us. Her first year was a struggle on many fronts, and we are trying to be proactive
- Make a call regarding our backyard shed, which is sinking into the earth; we need someone to tear it down, bolster the foundation, and build a new shed, and I can't find one company that can do all three things (despite my hopes of working with Dirty Girl Construction — such a great name!). I am sure that we are sheltering many skunk skeletons and other deceased wildlife; as I told Brunie, I'm not sure whether I need a demo crew, a handyman, or an exorcist
- Use my Staples reward coupon, which expires today, to buy Li'l Martini a backpack; his is in shreds
- Reorganize my closet so the winter clothes are at the back
Off to start the laundry. Item 1 — check!